Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 Franklin Half For Grading NGC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 347Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
103 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  6:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tileman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53732 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics are kind of blurry. And you show us sharper ones?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14644 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok , the most obvious question that I have to ask ; are those drops of water on slab obverse as well as reverse ?
Or are actually indented into the coin ?
Reverse is weakly struct . I'll leave the grade to the next member .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9294 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since it is in a graded holder, I'll take a guess at MS63 not FBL
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
11/29/2020 7:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1778 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As others have said, pics are blurry, haze might be coming from a dirty lens there. From what I can see, weakly struck MS-63. Can't see this any higher.

Are these your coins, or potential purchase?
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tileman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are my coins . I asked my wife to post some for me today while I was working. I am a newby but she is even newer.I am going to set up a spot for pictures in the future.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53732 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great, waiting for sharper pics.
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tileman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
9668 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe MS63
Pillar of the Community
United States
3860 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a stab 64
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1778 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse pic still blurry, but based on the obverse I'll bump mine to MS-64
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tileman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC MS64
Pillar of the Community
United States
5371 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possible MS-64 but not full bell lines, as noted.
The 1963-D is very common and not worth a significant premium until it grades MS-66. Having this coin graded was probably not a good investment.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 347Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05