Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1885 O Morgan For Grade Opinion

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 383Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  1:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1885 O Morgan finally took some pics, some rim hits and wear always love Opinions.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53676 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-50 sharpness but cleaned.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinfrog yeah was kinnda wondering about that myself, dont think its been "polished cleaned" but maybe something awhile back ago
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MiguelStacks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what makes you guys think it's cleaned? I'm not disagreeing, just wondering.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Miguel the luster and dirt around letters and such
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53676 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. The coin lacks "life" and the dirt left in recessed places is typically telltale.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@miguel also if it was "polished cleaned" letters and such would lack detail and be very shiny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5366 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any cleaning signs look pretty minor. If this were a better date (i.e., worth paying to have it graded) I expect it would grade XF-45 problem free.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
at Jaobler yeah thats the Key worth paying for lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4167 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50, old cleaning. Probably straight grades.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9661 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree with AU50 and old cleaning. does it grade straight? depends on the day of the week
Pillar of the Community
United States
2722 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with AU-50 and an old cleaning.
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is there no even wear between the wings of the eagle and the breast feathers? The breast feathers seem almost absent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF details
Valued Member
United States
479 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details cleaned I think
Pillar of the Community
United States
2722 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2020  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why is there no even wear between the wings of the eagle and the breast feathers? The breast feathers seem almost absent.

The New Orleans mint is notorious for poorly struck breast feathers, and when you add some light circulation wear, the breast feathers can disappear in an AU coin.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05