Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 - The Most Amount Of Different Coins Issued For Circulation?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 765Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Australia
3316 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  01:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2019 is the year where an absurd amount of coins was released for circulation.

The first one was the 35th anniversary of the $1 coin. This was the followed by the changed of queen portrait. On top of this, there were two coloured $2 coin.

This leads to a total of 17.

And the last one is the alphabet coin set which adds another 26.

This would be a total of 43! Makes you wonder if this is like a coin Pokemon catch them all festival. I am somewhat certain that this could be a record of the most amount of different coins released for circulation in a single year around the world, at least in the 21st century.

Mintage of many coins are absurdly low. Have to look up what the mintage of the alphabet coins are.

Some thoughts of the 2019 coins?
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2219 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  02:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think they were great, a good mix.

However there were 8 $2 coins

4x Mr Squiggle, Gus, Blackboard, Mr Squiggle, and Bill
Police
War
Aboriginal elders 2 (IRB and JC heads).

And 2 Mr Squiggle dollar coins and a 1 cent coin showing Mr Squiggle's rocket ship.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
01/07/2021 12:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3316 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I admit I totally forgot about the Mr squiggle - I did get a few of them!

So that means the total is an astounding 47 in total...!

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
851 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you include the International Year of Indigenous Languages 50 cent coin in your tally?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
555 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

And 2 Mr Squiggle dollar coins and a 1 cent coin showing Mr Squiggle's rocket ship.

If my memory serves me correctly these 3 were not released for circulation although I have found 2x 1 of them through noodling.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
949 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David Graham true but I would consider the Alphabet coins not intended for circulation then as they were only release from Australia Post.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18130 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By far the scarcest issued for circulation 2019 dated coin appears to be the
2019 JC 50 Cents, and eBay price offers seem to support this.

14,000 indicated in the 2018-19 Mint Report appendices.
56,000 indicated in the 2019-20 Mint Report appendices.
70,000 total !

Included in that total are those made for Mint rolls.

Perhaps that total can be increased for those made for the 2019 mint sets, but I can't find a record specifically for the JC 50 Cents. It seems that the Mint set 2019 50 Cent coins are all IRB.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3316 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coaster, I did forget the language coin. The total would be a total of 48! I would consider the alphabet coins as coins meant for circulation otherwise all colored $2 coins released from Woolies would be NCLT as well.

I managed to find two JC 50 cents and one IRB 50 cents. I'm not too sure if the mintage is actually missing 1 zero - it just seems too low!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
555 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

David Graham true but I would consider the Alphabet coins not intended for circulation then as they were only release from Australia Post.

Hmm... I wasn't collecting coins in 2019 (yes, a noob for sure) but I understand the Alphabet coins were given out as change from Aus Post at face value. Unlike the Mr Squiggle $1 coins and 1c which had to be purchased at above face value. I would say that anything that enters circulation at face value without prior purchase is classed as meant for circulation. Am sure others will have differing opinions though.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
555 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gxseries - I do believe you're right. Germany scores a disappointing 40 (yes, a bit cheeky counting different mint marks as different coins) and the UK a lackluster 37 (icluding the alphabet coins). Well spotted.
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Troae to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, the Mr Squiggle $2 coins were given out in change at face value from Woolworths (like the Olympic, Possum Magic, Commonwealth Games and Wallaby $2 Coins).
Also, the 35th anniversary $1 coins were issued in late 1998, though stamped 1999.
Edited by Troae
01/10/2021 4:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
949 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gxseries I agree with you there I think the mintage probably slightly more like 250K or something like that, cause JC feels about twice as hard to find then the IRB 2019 50C. However that being said there seem to be no one that found JC banked bag 50c 2019 only see bags of JC RAM bags, and let me tell you they arent cheap.

David sorry for the confusing not saying that 1 dollar or the 1 cent from the MR squiggles set isn't NTLC.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2219 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was actually me who bought up the squiggle coins. I think David is right, the $2 did have a limited release/circulation - but the $1 and 1c were strictly NCLT especially a 1 cent coin which has not been in circulation since 1991.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
96069 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1724 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would consider the Alphabet coins not intended for circulation then as they were only release from Australia Post.

That's how I'm taking it - if it's not on the RAM website's mintage pages then I don't consider it part of the core collection (though I do keep any of the Australia Post $1 and Woolworths $2 coins I find).
Trying to keep it manageable - two pages in album for one year is a lot!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3316 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would argue that the coins released through Woolies are meant for circulation - most of the mintage figure are at least two million. That's more than some of the key date coins such as the 2016 decimal dollar, 1985 and 1993 50 cents and so on.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 765Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05