Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Intercept Shield 2x2 Snap Coin Holders

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 257Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  12:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add keikat02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I am bringing my American Silver Eagle (ASE) coin collection up to date with mint dates I have yet to purchase; as well as, acquiring better quality mint date coins I had already purchased. Presently, I am storing my ASE coins in a DANSCO ASE album; however, I am not so sure the DANSCO album is the best storage method to prevent environmental contact spotting/toning damage and possible surface scratches resulting from removing the album's plastic insert protectors. In turn, I am considering replacing the album and use Intercept Shield's 2X2 Snap Coin Holders along with their slotted storage boxes. Both use the Intercept Shield storage technology neutralizing the environmental air gases causing the coin corrosion. Does anybody have any experience using this Intercept Shield method for storing their silver coins? Thank you, Allen S.

Valued Member
Russian Federation
206 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not used 2x2 holders from this manufacturer. However, I have I use European holders and am completely satisfied with them. However for your silver dollar I would spend a little and buy a capsule to be more sure of safety
Learn More...
United States
98130 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been using Dansco albums for over 36 years and have never had any problems. However, much of my Dansco collection holds circulated classic coins or common uncirculated and proof modern coins.

With better coins, I cannot fault you for wanting to upgrade your storage.

I have no experience with the Intercept Shield holders, but they appear to be a great option for your better coins. It was something I considered for my high grade Ike set before settling on PCGS slabs.

Hopefully you will get some good feedback.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7783 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  02:42 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the Intercept 2x2 snap lock holder, I have a bunch for my better Two Cent Pieces and some Indian Head cents as well. Keeps them looking as good as possible, when the black holders turn brown it's time to change out the insert as it's outlived it's moisture absorbing and anti corrosion properties.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05