Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 290Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  8:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kulman47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4263 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool coin. I love the detail in the eagle.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed! Very nice looking eagle.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6889 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the coin! *** Unnecessary Political Commentary Removed by the Staff ***

Although I like them, the stars in the tiara(?) are large enough they look like they weigh a ton and would give her a stiff neck!

*** Unnecessary Political Commentary Removed by the Staff ***
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kulman47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you're all right Eagle really makes this coin and the stars are gigantic! I didn't actually notice how big until I took the pics.

I had also purchased the American Platinum Eagle Coin and sent it right back, ugliest darn thing, looked like Lady Liberty was stung by a bee and really mad about it.
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

I have all five. The single proof medal shown above and the four medal set.

Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kulman47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh very nice, and nice display for them. They did it right with that for these coins.
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, they did. I like the set a lot. The packaging matches my 2014 Silver Kennedy half dollar set.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10773 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice. I remember a kerfuffle about the ethnicity of the subject on the coin medal. I think she's fantastic.

edit: looking back through past posts, I mentioned I wasn't a big fan of the huge stars/tiara. I guess it's just something I've gotten used to. In fact I quite like them now. I think perhaps that this design was such a break from tradition in many ways that it was a big adjustment for me.
Edited by CelticKnot
01/15/2021 7:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  02:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've gotta say when I first saw this coin I thought it was awesome for a modern piece

I miss the days of having different renditions of liberty on our coins, so seeing a new artist's fresh idea of how liberty should look is pretty awesome. I think the only thing that detracts from the design is the typeface on the reverse, the initials and mintmark just look like they're floating in space
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5058 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Kulman47: Thanks for posting your 2017 American Liberty medal (it's not a coin - jbuck got it right!).

It's definitely a nicely-executed medal - I agree, however, with those who believe that the over-sized stars on the headband could have been reduced a bit to improve the medal's aesthetic!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/15/2021 08:11 am
Learn More...
United States
94533 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 290Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05