Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Country Of The Day: Bangladesh, 1980 Canada Cent Struck On A 1980 Bangladesh 25 Poisha NGC MS67

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 536Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1980 Canada Cent, Struck on a 1980 Bangladesh 25 Poisha, MS67 NGC. Undertypes from the 25 Poisha are visible on both sides. The tiger head on the central reverse is nearly as bold as the maple leaf from the overtype, and the waves and leaves from the Bangladesh design threaten to obscure the bust of Queen Elizabeth II. Lustrous, untoned, and immaculate.

Check coins from Bangladesh on ebay.

Read More: Country of the Day Series
Valued Member
Canada
85 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice!
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zimmy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WoW!
Learn More...
Canada
9553 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very cool. Both coins (individually) were produced at the Royal Canadian Mint. I have a couple examples (1977 and 1983) of 1c struck on 25 Poisha planchets... but this is the first overstrike I have seen of both.

Impressive!! The stainless steel planchet really preserves the earlier strike details.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1370 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18130 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Already struck coin used as a planchet.
I am always a bit suspicious of what could? may? be a deliberate error, but forced to give the benefit of doubt.

It could be a deliberate concoction by a Mint employee.
It could be an honest mistake.

No way to know. All we do know, is that it exits.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
795 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that is the nicest looking over strike I have ever seen... and possibly the most beautiful error I have ever seen. incredible!
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bond632 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have to agree with sel_69l. Already struck coins should be nowhere near any blanks or planchets, especially with a different run and colour. Because of the grade, it obviously didn't make it into circulation, and if a mint employee was the owner at anytime, that would be proof enough for me of hanky panky.
Learn More...
Canada
9553 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't discount human nature... if someone saw a struck coin on the floor, and had the option of finding the proper bin for it, or just tossing it in the closest bin...
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4673 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you get a chance to tour the Winnipeg mint floor, you will see loose minted coins on the floor around the presses, although this coin shows perfect Canadian strike like the pressman had the right pressure. Still a cool coin
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2207 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely beautiful !
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zimmy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my Canadian nickel struck on 25 Poisha planchet.

Learn More...
Canada
9553 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a Canadian 25c struck on that same planchet, it will be making the journey to PCGS sometime in 2021.

My eBay store
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zimmy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see that one when you get it back.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 536Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05