Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

5 Roosevelt Dimes Collectors Should Look For

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 596Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  6:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Roosevelt Dime, 1982 10C No Mintmark - Strong, FB, PCGS MS67FB

PCGS - The Roosevelt dime series is highly popular with coin collectors, yet it's not necessarily known for offering a bevy of rare key dates. Nearly every circulating date in the series is relatively common, even among the pre-1965 90% silver issues that were hoarded by bullion seekers decades ago. Still, there are several varieties and conditional rarities that are worth seeking, including the following five valuable Roosevelt dimes.

1965 90% Silver Transitional Error
This transitional error happened when 90% silver planchets discontinued for production on dimes dated after 1964 were fed into presses operating with 1965-dated dies. This was possible because the United States Mint some 90% silver planchets intended for 1964 Roosevelt dimes may have inadvertently been left in presses designated for the 1965 copper-nickel clad pieces, as has happened with other off-metal transitional errors involving other coins over the years.

Roosevelt Dime, 1965 10C Struck on Silver 10C Plan, PCGS MS62

Read the Entire Article
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, thanks for posting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1152 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @CCFPress
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you guys have a chance, take a look at my registry set. It's the only series I have done on a registry. Been working on it for a couple of years, and NGC just awarded it #1 in its category. I have a way to go to complete it, but it has been fun.

https://coins.www.collectors-societ...477&Ranking= NGC
Pillar of the Community
United States
748 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you, ccfpress, for posting this.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2021  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BearlyHere to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I appreciate this post, allow me to suggest a couple of dimes that are actually available.
96 W (first W dime)
March of Dimes commemorative set:
15 W PR
15 P RP
and
18 S RP
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05