Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1858 Flying Eagle Misaligned Dies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 438Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nutmegcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a Flying Eagle cent that looks like a misaligned die, comments appreciated.

Learn More...
United States
100870 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your reply was split into its own topic for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4980 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! The reverse is off enough that I would consider it a collectible piece. Cool!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice MAD on a Flying Eagle.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8065 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty neat and interesting error.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nutmegcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably not worth a submission then to even Anacs or ICG though? A $50-$75 coin?
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably not worth a submission then to even Anacs or ICG though? A $50-$75 coin?

Depends why you want it slabbed. If you're hoping to sell, submitting anywhere would make receiving a gain after grading fees pretty tough.

If you want it slabbed for sentimental reasons, any coin is worth submitting.

The error is obvious enough and the coin is worn enough that I think slabbing to sell would just be a waste of money
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nutmegcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent the coin in with a submission to ICG with their $10 a coin special:

Pillar of the Community
United States
5513 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool coin and nice price for the certification. Congrats!
Learn More...
United States
100870 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I sent the coin in with a submission to ICG with their $10 a coin special
Excellent!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05