Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Heading To The Houston Money Show Friday

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 367Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  8:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Gold is too high, and silver bullion is too boring, so I'm going to be trying to upgrade my book sets.
Barber halves
S.L. quarters
Mercury dimes
Liberty nickels
Buffalo nickels
Indian Head cents
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck on your hunt!
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck! I can't wait until shows come back around where I live and I can go hunting again just like you
Pillar of the Community
United States
5152 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like coin shows.
I normally go to two of the biggest each year, but obviously not lately.
I think the last show I went to was in November 2018.

In the meantime I satisfy the buying itch with Great Collections and eBay.
But I do miss chatting with the dealers.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4739 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck! Shows are some of the best aspects of numismatics. eBay has been a saving grace since the pandemic but there is nothing like conversing with dealers and making deals in person. Can't wait to go back!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
832 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20095 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure wish it was me going to that show. I normally only buy coins at coin shows. I would never buy anywhere else since I've found over a long period of time, just can't beat those prices. Good luck and hopefully you find some great Mercury dimes.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2006 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly I won't be attending that one. It's a 3 hr. drive and I have to work .

Best of luck on the hunt!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3477 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Attended the World's Fair of Money (and PNG 1 day show, prior to WFoM) a couple years ago in Denver. WHAT an experience!

Large collection of Lesher Dollars on hand. Mint displayed a 1933 Double Eagle. 1804 Dollar was in attendance. Copper 43 and steel 44 cents on hand.

Did not matter WHAT "money" you liked, US or foreign, there was representation.

Do NOT pass up attending a area major or MAJOR show.
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did make it to the show Friday, and it was packed! As soon as I arrived, one hour after opening, the parking lot was already full. I just missed out on a complete set of S.L. quarters $3,500, less the 1916, almost all BU. They purchaser had it in his hands when I walked up. The same dealer had a Buffalo nickel set, with lots of BU, $10,000 and some change.
I settled on several upgrades for my Barber half set, a couple of Bust halves, and a S.L. quarter. After missing out on that set, I've made up my mind, I'm going to attempt a upgrade my S.L. quarters BU-AU. Brand new computer, or I'd attempt to post pictures of my acquisitions.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just missed out on a complete set of S.L. quarters $3,500, less the 1916, almost all BU. They purchaser had it in his hands when I walked up.

Quote:
The same dealer had a Buffalo nickel set, with lots of BU, $10,000 and some change.

Quote:
I settled on several upgrades for my Barber half set, a couple of Bust halves, and a S.L. quarter.

Quote:
After missing out on that set, I've made up my mind, I'm going to attempt a upgrade my S.L. quarters BU-AU.
Good luck!

Quote:
Brand new computer, or I'd attempt to post pictures of my acquisitions.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05