Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A 2020 National Park Quarter "Woodie"?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 204Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
290 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  2:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is that possible? Or would you call it something else since it's not a cent?
As you can see on the obverse of the coin there are these lines over the entire surface and the reverse has the same thing but it has so much environmental damage that you cannot tell. What causes something like this to happen?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4445 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe these are roller lines from the stock rollers, you sometimes see indentations from material that got stuck between the roller and planchet material, but roller lines are fairly common.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1329 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd have to go with roller lines although it could be streak staining also.
it's a shame it's so environmentally damaged though, either way it doesn't have any real collector value, as people don't care much about roller lines to start, and the rest of the damage really don't help at all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2942 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. A 2020 coin with 1990s appearance. That quarter has been around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5002 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, what you have are roller lines.

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48815 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They show up when the BU finish is gone. Then they fade away when they are worn off the coin. They are topical.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your responding to my question. I have enjoyed the experience since I have started collecting and I was almost ready to go ahead and put it in my spend bag but was curious about the color.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 204Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05