Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Morgan Monday: Wayne Miller's Own 1895-O PCGS MS67 Morgan Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 349Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Offered by Superior Galleries in January 1986, with the following commentary: "A 'wonder' coin! Excellent luster with virtually no bag marks. Unequivocally the Finest Known specimen. Miller states that the only other specimen near to this one was the piece he purchased in 1970 from the Hardenburg Collection which was Prooflike but did not have the overall 'pizzazz' this coin possesses. Wayne Miller turned down $100,000 for this coin a few years ago. The 1895-O Dollar is one of the most amazing coins in this fabulous collection and is certainly worthy of a new record price." Today, these comments seem equally applicable. Current certification service data suggests just how elusive these coins are in Gem condition. PCGS and NGC have graded a total of 10 examples in all grades of MS65 or finer, including one MS66 example at each service as well as this solitary MS67 grade Superb Gem dollar. This is the only coin to receive the MS67 grade to date.

Check out Morgan Dollars on ebay.

Read More: Coin of the Day Series
Learn More...
United States
96101 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
9577 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just WOW!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1825 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yowza!

Not only a beautiful technical grade, but also a fantastic strike for a New Orleans coin.

I've had the privilege of doing business with Wayne a few times way back in the day. It's been a few years, for sure. He's a really nice guy with an unending supply of incredible Morgans.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54797 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makes me want to toss my dollars over the bridge.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3994 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Coinfrog...let me know when and where.....
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
9577 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Makes me want to toss my dollars over the bridge

Both of them?
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
7636 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ran across an older website still up the other day, that has a lot of Jack Lee's Dollars. The Michael Casper Collection, Morgan dollar fans might like to check it out.

http://www.caspercoin.com/recentnews.php

Nothing is all that recent (2008 and earlier), Michael is now working on selling his cannabis farm in NY, he is a former stamps, coins, antiques and meteorite dealer (not at the same time), restauranteer, and organic farmer and always one of the best and the top at each endeavor he took on. Jack Lee was his best friend, as you will see from the link I shared. Michael's Dollars were sold in several sales in the early 2000's through Bowers & Merena or Heritage, he had the #3 Registry set at the time.

EDIT: to add every silver dollar fan also needs to get a copy of Wayne Miller's "Morgan and Peace Dollar Textbook." If just for the amazing coin photos of the time, his collection of monster toned dollars is simply out of this world.

Wayne and His Book

Jack Lee (from Michael Casper's site)

Jack and Wayne had a friendly rivalry ongoing for the best of the best dollars, Jack won out more often than not.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
01/26/2021 1:35 pm
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
447 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lembafc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was minted and immediately landed on the softest pillow crafted by the gods of Olympus themselves. Absolutely amazing.
Edited by Lembafc
01/26/2021 1:42 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05