Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

60 K Canadian Notes For Sell, Ebay It Is An Option?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 391Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  5:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi every one,

I am collector not seller. I look for sell some of notes (32 total). The approx. value is 60kUS. I never sold on e-bay. Do you thing it is a good choice or other alternatives could be better?

Heritage is very slow so I eliminated because I want to sell for others investments.

any suggestion will be gratefully appreciate.

Silvio
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GreatCollections is probably faster than Heritage, but I don't know if they are comparable as far as prices realized.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1904 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you saying that you have 32 notes each worth almost $2,000 ?

Are they new notes, old notes, high denomination or what ?
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
old notes. Example: 20$ 1935 French VF30 PMG 89 cert, 1000$ 1935 English 64 PMG 63 cert, 1000$ devil f15 PMG 67 cert and so long. Majority are 1000$ and 100$ except pre Canada 1867.

All are Canadian notes. I can put a list here if someone want to know.
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have for the future also US but not selected yet, maybe the old bag from Texas bank sell full of Morgan's, but before I will like look at them, many seem to be really mint. I want to sell the doubles and triples.
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This it is one photos, do thing I bullish.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1905 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage and other large auction houses can usually do advances on high dollar consignments, may be worth investigating
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4012 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be afraid to sell that $1000 note on eBay-given some of the stories that I have heard about ebay buyers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8281 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a $20,000 item
For notes such as you have shown heed what jdmern said and try Heritage.
You should move it to a PMG holder.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, was PMG 65* but in time I considered I want the most conservative grader, so I moved. Now I have one PMG 67 so this one could help on new investment.
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you folks, so better for high value to go conservative with really auctions houses. In this case for small things can be played with e-bay. My concern with e-bay was the security of transaction and also the funds guaranties by the company. when I done my account they force me for pay-pal and do not let me go for wire-transfer and certified funds.

It is damage those times with the restrictions on covid-19 travel, cause I have many others things to certified and I am afraid to send by mails due to so many stories I listening happened.

Thank you guys really appreciate.

Silvio
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2532 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
go with Heritage or nothing at all. the time you wait will pay for itself many times over

i have done very well on eBay, but in the last few years it is a gamble being a seller (but great if you are a buyer or fraudster)
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice and smart remark Wade. I like it. Something to remind later.

I used GreatCollections for my extra coins on values not more then 300. It is great company for average but I do not thing so for very rare or very high values. Maybe I am wrong but sure I will not sell if one day I will sell my 1935 500$ French trough them.
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way Wade, hope you will read this:

your logo's photos is Upper Canada token 1858 in negative photo. I know they stop in 1857, do you really have this with 1858?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3994 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bond632 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi, Wade's coin is a 1852.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 391Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05