Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trying To Verify 1982 Small Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 338Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  03:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Samcopper43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If anybody can help me like I'd really appreciate it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1875 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the amount of damage it's hard to say either way. I see zinc rot on the 8 and a smashed 2

Edited by jasper62
01/26/2021 04:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the distance of the 2 from the rim it looks like a large date. A clear picture of the whole obverse would help to verify.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54891 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The question that will not die!

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The general shape of the 2 leads me to believe that it is a large date. Sorry, no rare 1982d copper cent here :/
Edited by Yorkish
01/26/2021 09:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5550 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF
Need a pic of the whole coin, it does appear to be a LD
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8935 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If more of the coin was shown, it would be easy to tell by the distance from the rim.
Always show a photo of the full coin when asking a question as
sometimes there are markers in other areas can can help in
determining a variety.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2705 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I made an updated side-by-side of the 1982-D Small and Large date to show several ways to answer this. Hope it helps!

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4595 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If more of the coin was shown, it would be easy to tell by the distance from the rim.

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
01/26/2021 11:02 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5055 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please, no more photos of computer monitors. The picture quality is not good when you do that. Direct photos from camera to coin work best. If you need help, please ask. Thanks.

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what I do to tell small from large is flip it upside down if the 2 looks like a 7 then its large
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 338Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05