Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1991 Penny Weak Strike Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 237Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  3:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add EA_C to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I believe this penny has a weak strike on the front, right?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54858 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was struck through a substantial amount of grease. Nice example!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3022 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be a Grease Filled Die issue. Agree--nice example. Very 2x2 worthy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EA_C to the CCF!

here is some good information on WEAK (LOW PRESSURE) STRIKES vs GREASE STRIKE http://www.error-ref.com/?s=low...+strike

yours looks like a grease strike through... one of the better ones too.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5050 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example to keep! Nice find!
ša va bien aller

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EA_C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, everyone, that's exciting! Any idea what it might be worth?

(What does 2x2 worthy mean?)
@ijn1944
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48930 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weight. It is probably 2.5 grams. If so it is a Struck Through Grease coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1874 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any idea what it might be worth?

I found this one in a roll of 1990 Lincolns cents back in 1990 I've had it for 30 years now. I put it on eBay a few years ago for fun starting bid $1.99+$3.00 shipping It did not sell.It's more of a conversation piece or educational coin
Edited by jasper62
01/27/2021 6:09 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54858 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I' guessing even major greasers like this are common enough that they don't fetch much of a premium.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3996 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
but neat to have in ones collection. Nice find...

A 2x2 is a cardboard holder that has a clear window so you can view the protected coin....Many post shots of coins while still in the 2X2s so if you keep looking you might see one
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EA_C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, okay, I've seen a 2x2 before then, my husband has some.
Thanks for the help, everyone!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 237Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05