Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New 2021 Silver Eagles And Type 2

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 3,009Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2021  03:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone here purchased the new 2021 silver eagle along with the type II silver eagle?
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2021  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 2021-(w) type 1 MS70 PCGS coming due to ship around 2/14. I haven't seen anybody preselling the type 2 yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3034 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint is releasing them on 2/11. Staff Edit: this date is for the release of the proof 2021-W with the "type 1" reverse.

- I should be getting mine ordered on 2/10 - I signed up for the product enrollment for the ASE's and because of that I'll get all the silver eagles the mint offers each one is usually auto ordered one day early..
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The one on 2/11 is the Mercanti back i.e. type 1 back. Type 2's are coming out in the middle of the year. I have a type 1 bullion and will get a type 2 bullion when they come out.

From the US Mint: "After 35 years, this is the final version of this silver proof coin with its original heraldic eagle reverse (tails) design"

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...uct-schedule
Edited by hfjacinto
02/07/2021 09:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9945 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought 10 BU from Pinehurst for $380.02 no shipping or tax through eBay.
Wasn't my money, bought them for my brother-in-law and I get to cherry pick a nice one for myself at $38.00 out of the 10.
Not that I was terribly interested but he asks me a couple times a year to get him some stuff. I did the search for 10 Type 2 BU and sorted by low to high. They were the lowest today.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
06/29/2021 12:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9945 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oddly, I looked at my purchase posted above and my delivery date and seller changed. The money I paid remains the same and they are TY 2 though. I remember seeing by July 19 when purchased and was sure they were from Provident but now it says Liberty Coin and will arrive by Aug 12.
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The type 2's (bullion) aren't available yet at the LCS, I was told around 7/15 or later.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got mine today from APMEX Almost look like a W mint coin with the Adolph Weinman mark. Really like the new reverse.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9945 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 10 2021 Type II Unc American Silver Eagles arrived from LIBERTY professionally and individually packaged in 2x2 flips. They were all very nice. Really couldn't find one that was better than the next.
My brother-in-law gets 9 and I kept one.

This is a picture of mine that I kind of tweaked for better image.

Item specifics
Certification: Uncertified
Composition: Silver
Fineness: 0.999
Circulated/Uncirculated: Uncirculated
Strike Type: Business
Mint Location: West Point
Year: 2021
Denomination: $1
Total Cost to me $38.02
My favorite album!
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought two Type 2's for $38.00 each from my LCS Thursday. I have two W proofs coming from the Mint soon, and two S proofs next month. Now if I can get the reverse proof set, I would be ecstatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
516 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My MASSIVE Silver Eagle collection... THREE coins!!

;-)

Showing all three as a means of comparison... 2020, 2021 Type 1, and 2021 Type 2.

The Mint website says that the Type 2 is supposed to be more representative of the original Liberty design, but I have to say, other than the retro font for the "2021", I find it very flat and lifeless. I haven't decided how I feel about the reverse yet, though the same applies to the actual look... very flat.

(NOTE these are scanned images so may be imperfect as far as lighting/shadows)

Pillar of the Community
United States
516 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The close-up pics of the Type 2 didn't work out well thanks to sunlight hitting the packaging... see the little bubble-like patterns? That is the plastic itself! Goes to show how much "clear" plastic can obscure things!

I'll let other folks share non-obscured images ;-)
Edited by Nells250
07/18/2021 12:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could send it back for a refund or exchange for a better slab that does not have the air bubbles. I do not like the new type II reverse. The Canada 2014 silver bird of prey falcon looks similar with part of the wing missing, too plain ho-hum for me, much less symbolism than type I.
Edited by livingwater
07/18/2021 2:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at all 20 of the type II eagles I received. All look flawless. The individuals I purchased these for, were very happy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
516 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
livingwater - at first I thought you didn't read what I posted, THEN I re-read it a couple of times and I see now I should have added a few words (which I just did). SO, to clarify, those bubbles are IN THE PLASTIC!

PW: Another optical tickle... notice how the slabbed coin looks SMALLER than the others?
Edited by Nells250
07/18/2021 12:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nells250. Thanks for the clarification. I edited my reply.
Edited by livingwater
07/18/2021 2:10 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 3,009Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05