Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 - D Sacagawea Dollar | Check Out The Eagles's Claws

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 292Next Topic  

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  11:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey Party Peeps,

I found this cool coin today. I am not really a dollar metal guy. I just want to share and get your take on this. Is it me, or is there something funky about the claws on the tails? Does it seem like it could be the claws from the Cheerios - version? Please check it out and let me know what you think? Also, is this worth getting graded? Thanks #128591;, everyone in this forum rocks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4256 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I believe the "Cheerios" dollar has more detailed tail feathers...someone might be by shortly and post up pixs of this variety for you. Or you could try the search box (upper left corner)

Good luck on future finds, have fun and keep asking ...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2214 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my knowledge, Cheerios dollars were only struck in Phili, this is a Denver. As GF said, tail feathers also had more detail on the CD.

Just a well circulated 2000 D, not worth grading.

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, guys. I meant to look at the claws, not the feathers. The claws look like they are from the Cheerios box? ... Or maybe not. #128517;
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2214 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't aware there was any difference in the claws on the Cheerios Dollar, other than a number of details being sharper. Yours looks normal to me, just stands out from circulation wear.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2831 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  02:26 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

The 2000-P Cheerios dollar has detailed tailfeathers, but I've never heard anything about it having different talons than the normal production Sacagawea dollar.

Here's the detail from my Cheerios dollar that I sold in 2019.

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38568 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05