Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1940 Nickel RPM & Die Clash Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 274Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  3:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NickG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Forum!

I was checking a roll of old nickels and found this one. It is a well worn 1940 S which has a lot going on.

1) It looks to be an RMP on the S
2) From what I'm seeing is there is a die clash by the date to on the Obverse and on the Reverse through Monticello and "FIVE CENTS". It also appears there may be some on the "E" & "P" of the E Pluribus.
3) looks to also have planchet errors on the Obverse and Reverse.

I have soaked the coin in Acetone.

Please let me know you thoughts on this one.

Thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38508 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No RPM, and a lamination by the date.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NickG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3613 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting lamination issues.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7059 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice lamination, looks like some hits left of dome
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 274Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05