Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2007 Lincoln Cent Possible Die Crack

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 369Next Topic  
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  1:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KevinC1087 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone, This is my first post on here. I have been collecting coins for a long time but never have really paid attention to what I have. Would just see something I liked or thought might be something and saved it. Also Have coins that my mom had saved for me when I was a kid. Anyway new to actually inspecting at coins but decided to start going through all of mine. I am trying to get better at knowing what I am looking at. I am going to make 3 post. Would just like to know anyone's thoughts on them. This one is a die crack I think. Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Formerly nancyc
Australia
5248 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a lam to me.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1611 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like a lam to me.

It may but this is a copper coated zinc cent -

EDIT: Laminations happen on the alloy cents
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Edited by Rothery
03/06/2021 5:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3259 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a die crack, not an uncommon spot for them. Spilt plating would have exposed zinc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3554 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking die crack that has some circulation flattening. Nice example.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1611 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm thinking die crack that has some circulation flattening.

Now that you pointed out the flattening it popped into view. You are correct!
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
97869 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die cracks are not errors. They are die events. As the die was aging, it cracked on that area. New ones go nutzo for these. But as you are around coins for a few years, then you realize it is a common event.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 369Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05