Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Needed - 1515 France - François I Defeat Of The Swiss And Venetians

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 295Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  5:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheGreedyGringo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I purchased a lot from an estate sale of war medals, tokens, patches and such and I have been off and on researching them for a year I never got serious until now. I have about 200 pieces I know some are originals and some are re-strikes. My question in this thread is about this piece

The only other example I could find is https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/co...Default.aspx and that appears to be a Re-strike from 1960.

Does anybody have any information that could help me? also what are the clamps on the Reverse of this medal called? many of my pieces have them and it would help to know the name. Thank you guys very much for your time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38550 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Maybe part of a piece of jewelry? Wait for the pros to chime in.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheGreedyGringo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's What I figured Or a way to attach it to the front of a coat or something along those lines, I am just looking for the name I feel so uneducated about this whole field when I don't even know the words for how to describe an item. It makes researching items almost impossible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This "fastener" is for a Bolo Tie or Western Tie where one string passes up through one side of the clip, around a person's neck, and then back down through the other clip. The entire reproduction coin would slide up and down to tighten the tie up to the collar.
Do a search online with duckduckgo.com to see images.
Been there, done that many, many times.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheGreedyGringo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Earle42 thank you for the information, So it is a reproduction? I will search for photos now the only ones I could find were the ones I linked to but I have only used google. I will try duckduckgo now.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2469 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the bottom, below the clip, is what looks ike a makers name, Bernard maybe.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18366 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw quite a few examples on
Google Images:
'Bronze Medal Francois 1 Battle of Marignan'.
Learn More...
United States
98189 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16872 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05