Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Man's Final Paycheck Is 500 Lbs. Pennies

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 837Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
530 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  02:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add deadmunny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dude got into an argument with his boss and quit. Over 91,000 pennies covered in oil dumped in his driveway. Someone should educate him on copper and numismatic value.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business...jeanne-moos/
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21267 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have the boss arrested immediately for dumping hazardous material on my property.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3957 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A good attorney--working for free--might be able to construct a case whereby the oil or grease used to coat the cents would be found to pose an unacceptable environmental issue/hazard at the location where they were dumped. Hold the ex-employer accountable for cleanup. Maybe a fine.

Would be funny if a few highly knowledgeable Lincoln cent experts devoted a day to sorting though the coins--only to find a few of the better DDOs/DDRs/etc. Could generate a few hundred $$ above face value for the entire pile.
Edited by ijn1944
03/26/2021 07:58 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18445 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have two choices here:
1. Bring in the lawyers.
2. Bring in the error hunters.

Both would need a lot of time, but the second choice would be much cheaper.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15205 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't condone what the boss did but all the employee needs is a couple of gallons of Acetone . Give a good soak and then dump them out on a large clean surface .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3957 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-BOP -- Was thinking the same thing, acetone in a well-ventilated area.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw this on my news feed, had a feeling it would be posted before I got here.

Quote:
I would have the boss arrested immediately for dumping hazardous material on my property.

Quote:
2. Bring in the error hunters.
I guarantee you they would come and pay for the privilege!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3957 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In a bit of irony, I wonder how many of these cents would be considered greasers?
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In a bit of irony, I wonder how many of these cents would be considered greasers?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3891 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  10:41 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bio Hazard, violates numerous anti dumping laws
Trespass with intent and more .
Also the guy paid can keep the pennies and is
Still owed his final pay cheque , not legal tender for
the amount .
A good Pro Bono would a field day with this one!
The boss is a real beauty !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1337 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I was going to post this up (actually did then saw this one - I deleted mine)

Here is the link to the AP news feed on this..

https://apnews.com/article/georgia-...d1222081aa5f
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Edited by Dearborn
03/26/2021 5:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4654 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Yep. If you poured motor oil down the storm sewer, you've broken the law, and that's likely where the oil on the coins is headed...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3687 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This guy should call his ex-employer and tell them his lawyer strongly advises that they come over and pick up the pennies. Oh, and bring a check with you as well!
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyforATB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what a jerk!
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol, wow.. guy was just handed a cash cow!
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dude should post an ad - "Coin Noodling Nirvana - $5 entry per person per day, what you find, you can keep!" :D
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 837Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05