Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1887 S Morgan . Hair Lines Or Die Polishing Lines?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 361Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
517 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The heading is the question. This coins up for auction ...... over in less than an hour, bids already over $100, but those sure do look like hair lines to me, think I'll keep my money in my pocket ..... Opinion on those lines on the reverse?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58260 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see them crossing the devices in this pic (reverse) - guessing these are die-polishing lines. Nice-looking example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3118 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have the look of die polishing lines to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2466 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, look like die polishing lines to me as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7237 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AS said - they do not cross the devices.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die polishing lines established - that is a big scrape on the cheek so I'll say MS63
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58260 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say MS-63 sounds about right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3118 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree probably MS-63. Nice frosted devices, and if that scrape is just the frost, it might make MS-64.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10180 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 87(S) should be above average in strike. this one falls into that box. the reverse hairlines are in fact polishing lines. luster appears to be broken on both sides. eye appeal would be average. obverse cheek/jaw marks along with multiple field scuffs and marks and scuffs and overall eye appeal will hold this one to MS63
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05