Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

38 And 40 Jefferson Nickel Error Or No

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 442Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52366 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like they were in a fire. Still spendable, just not desirable to a collector.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you're asking about the ring on the 1940, that's damage from a rolling machine.
We can help more if you provide clear pictures of the whole coin without glare.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59365 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show your pics right-side up - you'll get more replies.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey are some better images. My apologies. You can find Jefferson's hair bow in the first window to the right. And the steps following his hair line

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52366 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well that changes the look a lot better. But the missing ribbon on the que is just die polishing that removed that area. Pretty common to find these a lot weaker. But circulation has worn down the tops of the devices. I'm not sure what light source you are using, but the 1939 setup was a lot better. More overhead over the coin. On the second set of images, the light source was too low, making the harder edge glare. When you get image editing software, you can fix issues with images.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these are my 3 1939s. I'm a buffalo guy myself

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52366 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would enjoy these then:
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9817 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1938 S is one of those nickels you'll rarely find in circulation, even a few decades ago where the occasional 1938 would pop up, you wouldn't see a 1938 S. This is a semi-key date and the ones you see in Whitman obverse only showing booklets usually have lesser coins filling the holes than your coin.
Not the greatest but worth a couple / few bucks.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59365 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, decent examples but not worth a great deal.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 442Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05