Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Penny- Struck Thru Possibly?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 473Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  2:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Canada
9650 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, looks like a minor Struck Through.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is where the opposite would be affected:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a little confused. I thought a die clash would show the obverse on the reverse and vice versa? Strike thru being an object on the die that gets pushed into the coin. Still learning alot so pls be patient and kind. Thanks so much yall!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9650 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What your arrow is pointing to is a Struck Through.
Maybe coop also sees a die clash somewhere but it would be raised, not incuse.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohhh ok..I see. Thank you for that.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use the overlays also for damage to a coin. If ones side of the coin is affected with a incuse mark, it will show up raised on the opposite side of the coin according to the overlay information. That is why I use them for that purpose. So the UNU area where the top of the lines of the shield are the location I was trying to see if there is a push outwards on that area. (A push outwards on the opposite area would be damage to the coin, where as not pushing outwards could be a struck through issue if nothing show there)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
19135 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks 2x2 worthy to me. Nice find!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a few extra pics. Sorry not the greatest.

Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
5620 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing the Struck Through on the coin. Upon closer inspection (better close-ups would help), to me the coin appears to have a deep gouge, a solid hit (or two), which would make it post mint damage ( PMD). The area of overlay doesn't seem to align itself with the coin, Again, a much larger close up would be helpful.

ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a struck through to me. Don't see metal smashed up in any areas. Reverse seems undisturbed.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could also check the weight of the coin. Would have to be really accurate scale for that small amount of missing material if damaged.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally, if that deep a gouge, would expect to see the zinc underneath exposed.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 473Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05