Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay India, Would You Buy?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  2:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add newguy22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have found a world silver coin that I am interested in purchasing, but the seller is located in Dehli, India. What are your experiences purchasing coins from international sellers from more risky countries? The dealer I have found the coin from seems to have a pretty reputable reputation and has been on ebay since 2008. Seller has a top-rated label. What are the risks associated with ebay purchases from India?
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes honest sellers build reputable accounts with plenty of good feedback and later sell them legaly. These acounts are sometimes purchased by scammers and are used to make someone buy an expensive thing, pay, and never get it. In my opinion it depends on the amount of money you want to risk. If for example it costs to much try to buy a cheaper coin from the same dealer to see if it is a true offer. If the cheaper coin does not ship donīt buy it. If this is the dealers only listing I would also put up a red flag. That just my opinion.
Learn More...
United States
33216 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the coin fairly priced, or underpriced?
Is it a rare coin?
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3172 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of coin?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2414 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy from India all the time and the only issues I ever had were at the start of COVID when the world basically shut down. I lost a couple of packages - but, while annoying, is understandable. Other than that I've been buying from Indian sellers for 20 years without an issue. Ebay India is no longer a thing unfortunately - but the India dealers use the US Ebay instead.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4663 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to me you have zero risk.

If the coin doesn't arrive, or if it arrives and is not as advertised (which seems unlikely given your comments on the seller's feedback) you will get a refund.

There are more risks with selling than buying.
Edited by tdziemia
04/23/2021 08:27 am
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1742 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought a few times from sellers in risky countries - each time they've had 100% feedback and I was willing to take the risk for the price and the coins arrived.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wizened to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have purchased some Mughal rupees from India in the price range of under $30 or so. From sellers with good and extensive feedback. Coins arrived in reasonable time and the coins appear solid on inspection.

The sellers gave some good info on the coins. You need that if you cannot read the Arabic script.

The danger is that you would get a fake coin and not know it was fake. Less of a risk for a $25 rupee, but the risk would climb for more expensive coins, or for a seller with lesser quality feedback.
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live in California and I bought two Mughal India rupees from a seller in New Delhi in December 2020 and had no problems.

He mailed the coins immediately and they took a month to get to me.

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies and on Television
The 1949 San Francisco Mexico Peso Restrikes
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05