Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 John Wayne Lincoln

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,407Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  11:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is my 1969 d/s Lincoln Wayne cent. Notice the star on the jacket and the rotated 10 degrees to the left hiding behind the d. Hopefully these photos give the coin it's glory

Learn More...
United States
19525 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@josh, are you sure that that is the top of a star on Abe's jacket and not a crenulated gouge from the impact of a reeded coin's edge?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
5979 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing a star, just post mint damage.

Josh, you've gone back to the dark side with your photos. We discussed this before.

ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im sorry, I have never heard of a John Wayne Lincoln cent. Perhaps I am old and out of touch. In any case I see a PMD ding to the jacket, and not a hint of an "S" anywhere.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my analysis: using my 1851/81 braided hair large Cent turned ten degrees to the right I noticed that also behind the dates; as well on one other example I can provide; there is also the numbers 1857 behind the date. These two coins have the obverse of two different braided hair Cent. One running set of stars running up the seem off his jacket the other interesting and going through the bow tie
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58122 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circulation damage and wishful thinking. Just an everyday spender.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
5979 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your photos are too dark!
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51597 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are clashed die marks. A die event.

Other wise the coin is normal with a damaged area on the bust. Nothing special.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As seen in this example the C 1857 is also behind the 857 is also behind the 169 with the 5 hugging the 9 but the bottom point very visible inside the 9's bottom curve

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can also see Lincoln in the pillars directly to the obvious one and it also is missing the d/s with it barely visible
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51597 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what your are referring to. But dies over 100 years are now no longer used. Just the current things can happen. Look at the overlay. The outlines of the bust would be altered by the reverse outlines of the Memorial. That is the issue, not a pipe dream.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 2 examples with the same markings and one similar just with missing mint mark and doubled reverse. And given that the dates and stars line up with the large cent I would respectfully disagree and would claim this as a discovery and would be more than happy to submit one example for documentation
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51597 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your choice. I'll put you on my list.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bit I know about the making of coins tells me it's not possible but my scope and examples say otherwise. I certainly would not disagree with the kings of coins if I wasn't sure with definitive proof.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58122 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Josh - one of the silliest threads I've ever read. Surely you are kidding us!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05