Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D Is It Doubled Die ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 157Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  3:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tazbierek to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I am new here still learning.
Bought box of pennies and I see this :

IS one on top extra thicknes or not. I'másearching doubleddie.com
And in fact I really dont see any difference in most of doubleddies there .

Really how to find any doubleddie?

Same here on 1959D pennie. the left side of letters have extra thicknes here on obverse and reverse.If this is doubled die then for me all coins have that specially The U in United where Left arm of U is always bigger and A in america.

and on nose chine here I see almost tree lines

Edited by tazbierek
05/03/2021 3:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing anything but I am no expert. Someone will chime in soon. I do know that every time I get excited about one it's usually not. However, I have been saving alot of time learning how to look at coins on this forum. Good luck to you!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1306 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where is the doubling
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Pillar of the Community
United States
5609 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is not.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tazbierek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks Guys!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3881 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Title says 1992 D. One photo shows a 1967. And there is a mention of a '59 D. Suggest not mixing close-in photos of coins from different years. Makes it difficult to track what the issue is. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5615 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with ijn1944. One coin per thread, please. It is very confusing when there is multiple coins presented.
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56640 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circulation flattening can alter/not alter the devices the same. Just like tires on a car, they are not wearing all the same if the front end is not adjusted correctly. Coin wear can have it bumps and grinds out in the wild. But when you look at the first images Of Liberty, note this: The tops of the devices can be altered, but the lower part of the devices are all the same size. That tells me that the die/dies that struck these coins were normal or could even be the same die? But the tops of the devices are what is affected. On the example earlier on a 1964 DDR, even though the circulation was sever, the doubled die was still seen. Why? Because the bases of the devices were not affected, just the upper parts. So when comparing a doubled die with a normal coin, the bases will be different. Wider, just like original devices are/were depending on how much circulation the coin has been through.

Note the closed devices on the next two images. Note the distortion of that area of the devices?

Note the lower part of the DDO devices were wider/taller when the coin was fresh, but the bases are still wider still, because the die was doubled.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/03/2021 8:04 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 157Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05