Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 D Lincoln Cent With An Interesting Date.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 263Next Topic  
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  1:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Morph to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought that the date on this 1963 looked a little off. I have compared it to others I found online but cannot to seem to find one like it. Could someone please elaborate on what is going on with the number 3. Thank you. Sorry for poor quality full coin images I am working to get a better setup.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58066 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guessing this is vending machine damage.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, could be a filled die since I don't see that it took a hit. Looks like a possible D/D mint mark also.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD. You can see the metal has moved
Pillar of the Community
United States
4290 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. Post strike damage--hit moved metal. We see several of these last digit date hits a year.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39373 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Normal date with PMD on the 3.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wishful thinking. Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7207 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
copy pasted from another post I put on one of your threads in case you didn't see it:

Quote:
"Using a microscope to start out searching coins normally means people find tons of anomalous happenings/things on coins which are not collectable b/c they are not legit errors from the mint (which are what is collectable). Reading about what is a legit error at places like error-ref.com, varietyvista.com, etc. will hep maximize your time in learning of what to look for vs. looking randomly for something that "just doesn't look right."
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1705 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with PMD
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51566 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 263Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05