Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Incoming Gold Quarter Eagle 1911 MS65+ CAC

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,715Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
998 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  11:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I couldnt resist this one. I sold half of my collection for it. A few months ago I decided to finally get serious about my $2.5 Indian set. This one just has to be in my collection. Two finer and none higher with CAC.

View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful piece. You likely know this already, but yours is one of the plate coins on CoinFacts: https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...2-50/7942/65
Pillar of the Community
United States
5551 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing coin, just beautiful. Sounds like you are shooting for a truly world-class set. Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7863 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a killer coin.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
998 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numisma.. had no idea. Very cool, thank you!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!!!!!

Let me help put in perspective for others how truly special and rare your coin is, in addition to being knockout gorgeous. While I also "swim in the deep end of the pool", as a Type Set collector I have only one Indian Quarter Eagle. While it's also graded by PCGS as 65+ w/CAC, mine is the more common 1908, which has 124 finer than mine, not 2 finer. Of those 124 graded higher than mine, 24 merit a CAC, where with your beauty, NONE graded higher have a CAC. My hat is off to you, sir! This is truly a rare coin that you will appreciate as long as it is in your custody. Enjoy!!!!

Edited to add: I just peeked at your PCGS Registry Set, and see that four of the five coins that you've started your set with merit the coveted CAC sticker. As many know, it's super tough getting John Albanese to CAC gold coins.
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Edited by Winesteven
05/21/2021 02:18 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11849 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  01:32 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never owned a classic gold coin, but this type will be the first someday. Very nice.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8230 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  03:40 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jon, a most excellent looking piece! I was just mentioning you in another thread on grading and how much I've learned from your Pratt designed coins in your posts over the years. Then you pop up with this one! WOW - wow - wow.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...0737#3425076

- Quick - Somebody grab a mop to clean up all the drool here!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40032 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  05:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very,very nice indeed.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS coin facts lists this one at 6000 bucks
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PCGS coin facts lists this one at 6000 bucks

But it's not about the value, it's about the beauty of the coin, and the rarity in this pristine condition after over 100 years!
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish you luck upgrading to the matching 1911D!!
Learn More...
United States
101920 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8230 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
CaptainCoffee: I wish you luck upgrading to the matching 1911D!!

That date mint combo will be a challenge for anyone, here's one of the nicer yet "affordable" ones in superb mint state condition:

https://www.davidlawrence.com/rare-...ectorscorner

It's relatively cheap currently at $20K too, and only 2 more days to go.

There's almost always one coin that is near impossible to either afford or find to complete a full set of something.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59280 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Killer coin, Jon!
Pillar of the Community
United States
998 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I definitely cant get a matching 11d. This is the one I did aquire recently which will arrive next week.

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,715Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05