Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Petersham Coin Fair (Sydney)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 483Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2021  9:40 pm Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
looks like it will be on 30th May 9.30am-3.30pm

Anyone looking to trade some stuff. Pm me what you looking for circulation stuff or make a swap of some kind f-to-f.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18966 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be there.
My first coin show in since it was last held at this venue, after a year of delay due to CV-19.

For the info of our American friends:
There has been no new CV-19 cases in New South Wales for at least two months (probably much longer) Currently 35 in Victoria, average of 40,000 tests per day over the last week or so, to find and isolate them.

CV-19 protocol for coin show:
- if unwell, do not attend
- masks compulsory for everybody
- max 220 people at any one time, if more, new arrivals have to wait outside
- 1.5m min social distancing within venue
- everybody has to be signed in with accurate contact details, there is a government phone app for this.
- customers can only touch items they intend to purchase
- hand sanitizer at every dealer table
- contactless payment strongly encouraged.
- food canteen area will not be operating.
All of these compulsory restrictions are in place, despite current zero CV-19 cases in NSW.

Almost all Australians (not all), are perfectly happy to comply these sorts of restrictions at community events, and have been doing so since the CV-19 threat first emerged.
That is why CV-19 has been almost non existent in Australia, compared to most other countries around the World.

Had my tetravalent 'flu shot months ago, as well as the first of two CV-19 shots 2 weeks later.
Distemper shot will follow next week.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
672 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone looking to trade some stuff. Pm me what you looking for circulation stuff or make a swap of some kind f-to-f.

...LOL....you don't want to trade with me,Sydney Dealer called me 'Basal Boy' when I used to take my Coins,found on my Paper Run/Route,into him to swap for different dates.

Thanks to you both for making the effort to Post Info,missed the Brisbane one but will be back into soon if this Covid thing remains under control.
Edited by Basil
05/29/2021 8:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly didn't find any coin to buy, seem like all the good stuff was already bought, I think cause of silver price rise most of what I wanted went upwards in prices :(. Did get to see loads of different coins and what not surprised people brother to take stuff to sell to dealer maybe gold ones make sense, other than that doubt it's profitable. Basically no masks :)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
772 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went, spent about as much as my limit as a MS61'38 crown begged me to buy it (not a high grade but a scarce die pair). Plus some other choice and gem silver and there went my pay.
Glad not to wear a mask, useless against virions plus I have natural immunity (lived in a hotspot overseas last year).
No Melbourne dealers.
And blasted state elections in August means no August Petersham
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18966 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent AUD $425 at the show today.

Also noted that Roxburys Auctions (sale 108) has 40 Roman aureii from an old Iranian collection coming up for sale, on July 9th, 10th and 11th.
Lots available for viewing on line from 1st July.
Spoke to Roxburys manager at Petersham.

Roxburys.com.au
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 483Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05