Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

United States Mint Holiday Ornaments Mighty Minters On Sale October 21

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
United States Mint Holiday Ornaments Mighty Minters On Sale October 21
2021, October 21

US Mint - The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for the 2021 editions of the Mighty Minters™ Ornament and the United States Mint Ornament on October 21 at noon EDT. Orders for both products are limited to 15 units per household for the first 24 hours of sales.

Crafted in solid brass and imitation rhodium, both ornaments feature the final coin in the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program with the familiar George Washington obverse (heads) design visible. "2021," "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "LIBERTY," and "IN GOD WE TRUST" appear on the obverse (heads) of the quarter, which has an uncirculated finish. Additional details are below.

Mighty Minters™ Ornament
This year, the ornament has a "Winter is Sweet" theme and highlights Mighty Minters Layla, a peahen, and Eli the fox, the Mint's coin-collecting ambassadors. The America the Beautiful Quarters coin is centered between the Mighty Minters and two red and white candy canes. Priced at $27.95, this delightful ornament is perfect for gift-giving and will appeal to children and adults alike. The United States Mint Seal is engraved on the back of the ornament, along with "Made in the U.S.A." and "©2021 U.S. Mint." A silver-colored cord is attached.

The Mighty Minters™ Ornament has festive red packaging that replicates the ornament design on the front. The back of the packaging lists descriptive information about the coin and Mighty Minters™ Layla and Eli, along with the Mint Director's signature.

2021 United States Mint Ornament
This year's ornament has a festive wreath-like design with a brilliant holly motif enhanced by two deer silhouettes on each side. The intricate and reflective holly design includes berries shaded in red and a stylized red ring that encircles the quarter. An engraved version of the United States Mint Seal is on the back of the ornament, along with "MADE IN THE U.S.A." and "©2021 U.S. Mint." This one-of-a kind ornament is suspended from a red ribbon and is priced at $29.95.

The United States Mint Ornament is displayed in a beautiful green box and includes a Certificate of Authenticity with information about the coin and the ornament. The United States Mint Seal and the words "2021 United States Mint Ornament" are hot stamped in silver foil on the top of the lid.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tempted, especially since "my" ornaments tend to not get used. I have been told they are too old and dated. Perhaps something new.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3095 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

" Old and Dated ", By Whom !!!! They are Treasures, buried in Memories, NO ?. I am NOT a fan of these, Anymore, Looks like Plastic!!!!!! The 2019, Has all metal, with a Kennedy half !!!!!
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
" Old and Dated ", By Whom !!!!
The wife! Happy wife, happy life.
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More crapola coming out of the Mint when they can't even keep up with current production and shipping.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11362 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No thank you.

Pillar of the Community
United States
680 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now the listing shows "The obverse (heads) of the quarter appears on the front of the ornament, with an engraved version of the official United States Mint Seal on the back."
Does that mean that the obverse is a quarter and the reverse is a new back or just glued a quarter to the official mint seal back....
Valued Member
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to pass. Even if I did order, not sure I would get them by this Christmas
Pillar of the Community
United States
1079 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coincollector123; my initial thoughts also. I had first thought that the reverse view was of the same quarter pictured on the 'face' of the ornament, but after reading the fine print, the ornament is made of TWO pieces; a real Alabama quarter and a token with the Mint logo on it.

If it was actually a 'one piece' quarter, with a 'special' reverse, I would have bought one. Also, the 'adult' ornament is (I think) $2 more than the kids ornament. Weird.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: