Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Get The 2021 Type 2 ASE Yet?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 56 / Views: 2,520Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For those that collect or stack ASE the 2021 Type 2 reverse are now available. I'm hoping to get 1 tomorrow. I'll post pictures if I can get 1. Anyone have 1 already?

Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got 20 today.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11279 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't gotten Type I or Type II yet. Given the premiums on silver for the past year+, I haven't been buying much (any) bullion. Since I'm not treating these as bullion (they're going into my CAPS albums), I may as well just buy them. I may even make a visit to my LCS to see if they have any since they won't make me spend $199 minimum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The LCS has them for $39, which is expensive for bullion, but it's a coin that I want since I have the 1986-2021 type 1.
United States
41 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would rather buy locally and pay cash.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6377 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one now. Anyone notice the "W" mint mark? Will there be "S, P, D" to follow? How will you diferencuate this bullion coin from a burnished one?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have one now. Anyone notice the "W" mint mark? Will there be "S, P, D" to follow? How will you diferencuate this bullion coin from a burnished one?

Its not a mint mark, that's Weinman's initials.

see here:

https://coinweek.com/bullion-report...llion-shark/

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11279 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone notice the "W" mint mark? Will there be "S, P, D" to follow? How will you diferencuate this bullion coin from a burnished one?

Quote:
Its not a mint mark...

Right. Bullion coins do not have mint marks. Uncirculated ("Burnished") will have a "W" MM.

The only way I know of to determine from which mint a bullion ASE came is that TPGs will note it on slab labels IF they receive a monster box for grading. The monster box itself will be somehow labeled with the Mint facility of production. To me, this is a marketing gimmick but some people like to collect them. To each their own.
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I'll get the bullion. Just the proof.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up the bullion. I don't know but the date just looks weird.

And while I finished the Mercanti Heraldic Eagle, I don't know if I'll finish this series. In 35 years, I'll be 86 (like some of the old coots on here ).

Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know but the date just looks weird
have to agree with you there, I think the font choice isn't the best

Gotta say I like the look of the reverse more than expected, but still prefer Mercanti's. I'll be picking one up in the coming weeks likely from the LCS
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2021  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have one 2021 type 1 ms 69 and have one type 2 coming any day now, I get five to ten of the bullion but with the higher prices I have not made up my mind. paid 46 each shipped .
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
picked up the bullion. I don't know but the date just looks weird.

Yeah does seem a bit funky, or weird as you said. Thought all the changes were happening on the reverse only.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4060 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thought all the changes were happening on the reverse only.

The obverse has changed also, everything from liberty to the sun beam to the Sandles to the notch on the edge/rim.
Edited by hfjacinto
07/11/2021 3:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hand looks really weird to me
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 56 / Views: 2,520Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05