Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1910 Lincoln Wheat Cent, For Grading

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,937Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  10:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Cracked this coin out for a resubmission...what grade you?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was in a PCGS ms holder by the way...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and one more
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64BN
Pillar of the Community
United States
1676 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've not studied matte proofs enough, but I'll go with PF65 anyhow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68994 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-65BN.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing the die markers are there.

65BN
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has all die markers for the die 1 obverse and reverse early die state proof...which may explain the well above average luster for a matte proof.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure is beautiful! Nice, raw, MS 1910's are harder than most think. The easiest path to a nice one is to find the right slab. Finding a slab with the attribution missing is a GREAT find!!!!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this frosty one but it's not a proof. I believe it may have been struck with retired proof dies.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you positive? Can't see too well but eds die 1 doesn't have many obverse die markers, but unless I'm seeing things the reverse has them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2856 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another cherry pick? Nice coin!

It definitely appears to be a proof, but I can't tell from the photos if it has evidence of light circulation. The obverse has a few dings on the forehead, collar, and field behind the head. Those seem to be either contact marks from light circulation or (more likely) from improper storage long ago. The marks are not recent. The right wheat stalk may show light circulation, or it just may be the lighting.

I could see this either as an impaired proof (PR-58) or as PR-64.

I'll repeat my earlier comment. There are way too many early Lincoln proofs for the official mintage figures. I agree with @BadThad, proof dies seem to have been used for business strikes for some dates, including 1910.

Again, nice coin. I'd love to know what it snags from the slab factory!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3880 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has the look of a proof - I'd say 65, chance it's current holder says it's a 64.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2834 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pf65
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it has a couple small ticks, I agree, but they didn't call it circulated back when they slabbed it in this 7 digit slab. I guess we shall see though.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,937Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: