Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strange Coin Found In A Till

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 725Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  8:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eerath to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all I was at work tonight balancing out a tool and I came across this guy thought it was a little strange can anybody give me any more information on it it would be appreciated

Pillar of the Community
United States
6023 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slug, plug or a punch-out from a metal machining process.

I don't think it is a coin. If so, it is a post mint damaged coin.

And a BIG to the Community!
Edited by westernsky
07/23/2021 9:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60597 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please crop and show much larger images of both sides.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11573 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

As stated, please crop your photos and show both sides.
Can't help much with small photos of one side.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15842 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , I have a feeling you work in a machine shop . As Westernsky says slug , plug or punch out .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Learn More...
United States
20531 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@eer, first welcome to CCF. Second, can you please post the weight of this piece and whether it is attracted to a magnet? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eerath to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the other side

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11573 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an error it is damaged.
Someone has ground off the reverse.
If you would crop your pictures, they would be larger and make it easier
on us to see any problems
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eerath to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it's ground off I still see some of the reverse right in the middle. When I get home I'll upload pictures from my pc instead of phone
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damaged.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6785 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see from the very small photos, appears to be post mint damage ( PMD).

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
5704 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always wondered what pleasure could someone possibly get out of destroying coins!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3036 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think it's ground off I still see some of the reverse right in the middle. When I get home I'll upload pictures from my pc instead of phone

I'll be waiting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11573 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it hasn't been ground off, then where is the rim.
You can't have a coin with a rim on only one side unless it has been removed.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15842 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Eerath , If you would have shown us the obverse first we would have told you it is a Jefferson nickel .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 725Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05