Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Think I Found The Perfect Label System For My Blank Holes In Dansco Album

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 547Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  10:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have a look:
the album I used to test this out was Dansco album 8125 Roosevelt dimes

This is page (page 6 and 7 which I bought seperately and added to album)

Close-up of the same 2 pages with a label added to page 7.

What do you all think?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about free hand calligraphy? Maybe trim off as much as possible of the tape around the print?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
07/29/2021 10:13 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe trim off as much as possible of the tape around the print?

I was thinknig that - at least at the ends of the tape. not the top or bottom. Still working out the details, which is why I only did one.

I am open to other comments to get it better..
Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great idea! Maybe try printing with a sans serif font like Arial or Calibri to match better. I like it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
try printing with a sans serif font like Arial or Calibri to match better. I like it!

I looked and the labeler I have does not have that font.. I need to see if I can DL new fonts to it...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20394 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Whitman Albums.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

I have plenty of blank pages that I should label, but have never been motivated to do so. Maybe once they are all filled I will go back and add some labels.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I found a font that is much closer.

Using the 'Patch Panel' function on the labeler (yes, I'm a data guy), I measured the distance from one hole to the next - In this case 24mm - set it up for 6 holes and filled in the data..

I think it looks pretty good.

I used a 'Brother P-touch Edge labeler using 6mm (.23") black on clear tape.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11956 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With my eyes, the second row looks much more readable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9950 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree the second row is much easier on my eyes..

Great solution for adding text to blank pages. This may become even more relevant as the stock of specific replacement pages dwindles.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
3310 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2nd row looks best to my eye.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9990 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second Row is better
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 547Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05