Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Goatee 1964 Quarter ? Any Value

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 354Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
66 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  02:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trevcoin28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13252 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see how that could happen during the striking of the coin so that would mean that it is damaged.
There is no premium for damaged coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3240 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

I'm on the fence with this cool-cat Jefferson. It looks almost like some form of die fatigue. It could also just be damage as noted by JimmyD, but I do find it interesting. Either way, it won't have much value, if any, because of the condition, but I'll be watching to see what the other members think on this one.
ANA Member ID: 3203813 - CONECA Member ID: N-5637
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
United States
4615 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5934 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a form of die deformation or die damage, Metal flow lines are indication of die fatigue with the die deformed by parallel trail lines.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13252 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking at the rest of the coin, you might be right Chase007, there are
signs of Die Fatigue in other areas also. Never seen one that looks like that.
I would keep the NICKEL as a novelty even if there is no value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1233 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
deformed by parallel trail lines
That was one of my two thoughts after looking through Error-Ref. I would think it is for sure a type of deterioration though. Here are the two that came to mind for me. Radial flow lines. http://www.error-ref.com/radial-flow-lines/

Die Deterioration promoted by trails. http://www.error-ref.com/die-deteri...d-by-trails/

I'm not real familiar with nickels but there is also a "cut" into the die look, just behind the jacket and in between the pony tail.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
08/08/2021 08:13 am
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trevcoin28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 354Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: