Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Morgan And Peace Price Projections

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 791Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
106 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  8:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I noticed on eBay today (the final mint sales day for the Morgan and Peace dollars) that the cc's are selling for over $400, the o mint for over $300 and the rest $125 to $175.
Will the cc and o continues to escalate or eventually settle with the rest? Will the others rise in price?
I think the Peace at $125 to $150 is undervalued being the only one released at a 200,000 montage. Is the Morgan that much more collected than the peace series? I love them both.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny to think the 2021 Morgan CCs are carrying a premium because the *original* Morgan CCs tend to be more valuable. I'm probably wrong, but I'll guess the 2021 prices will trend toward a common denominator.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4165 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually don't know what the result will be, the ebay sold seems to be $160-$180, so lets say $170 without being in hand or even guaranteeing you'll get a good one. What that tells me is that they will sell for higher than $170 when available. What that price will be is a guess. If I based it on comparable ASE I would assume not much more than $100 long term, but these are Peace and Morgans. The closest to the mintage number would be the 1928 Peace which retailed (prior to the current craziness) for around $300 in MS62. These should be around the same price but most will be MS69 of not MS70. So maybe $350.

Ok that's just a WAG (wild a## guess), currently the coin market prices make no sense to me, they are much higher than just a few months ago, so the price could be $400 plus.

For my duplicates, I am expecting $250-$300 but I can't say what's going to happen between today and when they actually ship. Will flippers flood the market, will the large dealers get everything slabbed, did collectors get the majority. These are questions we just don't know?
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just five minutes ago the set of "CC" and "0" coins sold for $970.00.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4165 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just five minutes ago the set of "CC" and "0" coins sold for $970.00.

Yep like I posted above

Quote:
currently the coin market prices make no sense to me, they are much higher than just a few months ago, so the price could be $400 plus (per coin)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2076 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It makes zero sense that any particular mint or privy is more valuable. Mintage is exactly the same. I assume they will all level out eventually
Pillar of the Community
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I'd guess, with mintages being similar, it comes down to preference, and people prefer the privy marked CC morgan I suppose.

We will see how it goes though, right now nothing is in anyone's hands, it's literally just a flippers market until end users get them in their hands in October, so supply and demand isn't even a factor at this point, only demand for something nobody actually has yet that nobody will likely even start getting for another month.

A lot can happen to change the mood on these between now and then, and a lot can happen when they get in some peoples hands and they see it in person instead of just stock images. as far as what I'm seeing on sold listings there are outliers, but CC is anywhere from $300-$350 today and the other designs are like $135-$170.

I ain't gonna lie though there is a lot of daily activity on these things for something nobody has and can't fulfill for another month or so....
I'm interested in what these do, not so much interested in the items themselves, but it's a total secondary market type item the way they did it and I've very interested to see where it goes.

I'm guessing with the CC and the O, but specifically the CC, the mint website crashing cost more than a few people a shot at getting it, and at this point, maybe they are paying more for one of those and intending to sell off their extras of D or S or P? Got to be something like that.

As far as individual listings, it kind of defies logic, but makes sense in what we are seeing. P mintmark has like 350 sold listings, D or S has like 750 sold listings, CC and O has like 1500 sold listings, as single item searches.
currently there's listings that are still for sale:
92 CC
72 O
703 D
584 S
336 P
508 Peace

It's got to be related to the presales/sale dates from the mint and how long they have been able to sell each one on ebay and not so much to do with supply and demand. since demand is whatever it is and supply doesn't really exist yet from manufacturing.
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was more interested in the "P", "D", and "S" versions because the "CC" and "O" privy marks looked weird to me. I tried for them anyway, and failed. Seems like the "CC" and "O" privies will maintain their value simply because the average collector had difficulty getting even one, was shoved out of the way in ordering, bots and high household of 10 took most of them. The last two sets favored the average collector and probably that need was met better than for the first set.
Edited by EDM
08/12/2021 08:25 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was lucky enough to get two Peace dollars when I only put one in my cart. Guess it was the several "We're sorry It looks like your not a human." pages. While logged in under an account created years ago no less. So in October/November I'll be selling one.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's a supply-side issue rather than a demand-side issue. The CC and O had a higher household limit. Thus, they are concentrated in fewer hands, and there is a lower trading velocity among those coins.

I think the price will level out a bit if some more of those coins come out into the market. But then again, they might not--if a bunch of people continue to hang on to 10 of them.
Edited by msl2196
08/12/2021 08:28 am
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you got them, are you sending them in for grading? Seems like PCGS / NGC 70 doubles the values listed above (which is tempting). I am wondering if years down the road OGH will not be valuable because everyone sent their coin in to be slabbed.
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the last couple of days the cc dollars are selling on eBay for north of $500.

Wow
Pillar of the Community
United States
614 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the CC is going for such a premium, I wonder what you could get for the entire Morgan 2021 set...? Crazy.
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm glad I accidentally bought 9 of them by hitting refresh a number of times in the checkout process. Happy accident.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 791Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05