Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 P Spitting Horse Error And?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 266Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  10:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Waxier to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
the 1999p spitting horse looks like how the coin error normally does, but look at the shoe of the horse, you can see something extending past the shoe, and I do research online and cant find anything about the thing on the shoe of the horse. Does anybody know what it could be?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4912 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PSD...struck by another reeded coins edge...most likely shortly after being minted...

to CCF good luck on futere finds, have fun and keep asking when needed...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waxier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the explanation, does this sort of mistake happen often on coins?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Yes, we see impacts on coins all the time, when a coin is dumped into bags whether at the mint or a bank, the coins bang up against each other marking them up.

We call it PMD or post mint damage
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53864 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1.If there mark doesn't flow over the devices, then it is a die scratch.
2.If it flows over the device and is incuse, then it is damage.
3.If it flows over the device and raised, then it maybe a die crack.
It is one of the three. Depending on the answer to each question.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waxier to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can tell that its not a scratch and its rasied upwards, but maybe somebody somehow managed to make that happen. but who knows.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 266Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05