Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1941 D Nickel With (Almost) Full Steps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 495Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5541 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  11:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Came across this nickel while roll hunting. We're NOT talking MS condition here, just mildly surprised to find a '41 D nickel with steps in pretty good condition--doesn't happen every day. The photos were taken with my phone, not my 'better' photography set up.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15946 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 Details .corrosion spots and a lot of small hits . very close to FS .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! It would be really cool if it ended up being an FS. That would make it worth a lot
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61386 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU, possibly details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5541 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm putting together yet another nickel Dansco from circulation, so this one will fill a hole--after a nice, relaxing soak at the acetone spa.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
after a nice, relaxing soak at the acetone spa.

you make that sound so pleasurable. What's next a fun day at the beach?

Very nice looking nickel.. Great find.
Edited by Dearborn
08/20/2021 6:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A TPG would grade it FS.
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2021  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pictures, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4912 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom left step holds it back from being FS...JMHO
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find!!!! Congratulations
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What phone did you use for the photo? I seem to be unable to take coin photos on my Samsung S21.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TPGs will only give Full Steps to Nickels in Mint State. Perhaps upon your proposed spa bath, the thing proves it's MS60 to MS63.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 495Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05