Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unscrupulous Ebay Seller

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,656Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  1:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
All feedback on this is welcomed, even if you tell me I'm over reacting.

A seller on eBay that has quite a bit of inventory, a lot of listed varieties.

I browse his inventory and find a Coin where he missed the variety.

I buy the Coin ($50 range) and pay for it. But, something in the back of my mind says, "you will never see this Coin".

He ships the Coin, same day.

3 days go by and I check the tracking, it says "usps intercepted by sender".

I then check my eBay messages and there are 2 waiting for me, from him. Both with the most hideous and logistically impossible story of what happened to my Coin.

I played along with my response, but insisting I would still like the Coin when he gets it back, and that I don't mind waiting. Just to see if I get the expected - zero remedy for me ever getting my Coin. That is what I got, zero remedy after zero remedy.

In the description of the Coin I purchased, he stated "I do the best I can with the description of my Coins" "I try to take the best photos I can, but all I have is my cell phone".

But in his response to me through the messages was "once the Coin is sent back it goes through our return department, then sent back to our online sales department for reevaluation" then sent to our blah blah blah blah, department.... also, "him and his partners would also have to consult one another on what the next step will be".

After I knew there was zero chance of him ever sending me my Coin. I chose to subtly let him know what had really happened. His response to that was to play dumb.

My last response to him I was not so subtle, I pretty much told him what he did and why he did it. Also, that negative feedback would be left if I did not get my Coin in 6 days. He has not responded to my last message.

This seller has 100% feedback and is a "top trusted eBay seller", for now.

Leaving negative feedback will be a must for me if I don't get my Coin. Should this also be reported to eBay, PayPal, or is that just a waste of time?

Thanks for the Vent!

Learn More...
United States
104816 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3583 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that negative feedback would be left if I did not get my Coin in 6 days

i feel for you, but what you did is called feedback extortion,
and unfortunately ebay will remove it quickly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9952 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is his revised feedback count? That is something I check religiously now.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4010 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The way you handled it played right into him .
Feedback extortion a huge no no !
Best just to move on and keep hunting !
Good luck !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1939 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what ebay's policy is on this. You bought the coin, he shipped it then took it back. Can he list it again? You already bought it! Kind of an interesting situation, legally maybe.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Revised feedback is 0.

If eBay takes the time to read the message exchange, they should see there is 0 extortion and I offered to repay for the Coin. (He refunded me after usps intercept went through) I never asked for anything free, discounted, in exchange for any feedback. If eBay comes to the conclusion I was extorting him for something, instead of asking him to return my Coin he used usps intercept to steal, then so be it.

Maybe leaving neutral feedback may be the best bet, or is that treated the same as negative? When it comes to "feedback extortion".

I just want other buyers to be aware of what the seller is capable of. He does not deserve his %100.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2768 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious what the variety is and how much of a steal you got buying it unattributed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3369 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we see the listing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5580 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would be interesting to learn if the coin in question is relisted--and if anything in the description or price has changed.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
snow-9?

Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think leaving a link to the eBay listing would do any good? When I open the link it takes me to my, "you bought this item - view order details" page.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4179 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jeez, that looks like a solder remnant on the cheek. You really want this thing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3369 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like a Snow-9. He's got hundreds of coins listed--I wonder what prompted him to relook at this one for a variety after he shipped it?

Here's the listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402980076333
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like a lot of sellers look their Coins over again when sold. I have had a few unlisted varieties that I bought that the seller "could not seem to find" after the purchase was made. But, this is the first where the seller used usps Intercept to get it back.
Edited by HumblePie
09/03/2021 3:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4179 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems if he accepted your payment, at that time the coin would legally be yours. By intercepting the shipment, it seems to me that would be theft.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,656Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05