Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's The Meaning To Your Username?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 1,933Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3305 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  11:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Random thought popped in my head when scrolling through a post.. why is Coinfrog.Coinfrog? I'm sure many have wondered why others usernames are what they are. Thought it would make for an interesting thread. Feel free to share why yours is what it is. Mods, feel free to move if I'm in the wrong section. Hopefully this isn't already a topic (yes I did do a search).

Ty2020b. Pretty boring really. As to not share my first name (not a big deal in reality) I used Ty for Tyler (middle name) my lucky number is 20. So double that, and B is the first letter of my last name.

So what say you Coinfrog and the likes?
Edited by Ty2020b
09/04/2021 02:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's the worst way to handle a nice coin ? With greasy fingers....

Plus I enjoy restoring old Fords, working on a 68 GT/CS right now and my fingers/hands are stained from grease and grim.....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Edited by Greasy Fingers
09/04/2021 12:47 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2629 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a '64 Parklane, of course.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine's pretty easy and also a bit boring... I'm a big fan of the Hokies (Virginia Tech), and I completed graduate school there in 1982, so... hokiefan_82

Usernames on some other sites, like the NGC registry, are variations on the same theme. I must say I'm not terribly imaginative.
Valued Member
120 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dant = "D"evyn "Ant"hony
5150 = one of my favorite albums from Van Halen
Pillar of the Community
United States
645 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Carwash = This has been the occupation that I have chosen for the past 36yrs.
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numiscrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numiscrat = coin version of the crazed, acorn hoarding squirrel from the Ice Age movies

It reminds me of my tendency to find a lot of coins and coin collecting topics interesting, and the need to balance that against hoarding (the silver stacker in me) versus collecting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2616 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for this thread "Tyler". I've played this guessing game for years.
Some really interesting screen names even if they are "boring" to the owner. There is a certain amount of creativity to all of them.
I imagine a lot are hobby, profession, or family-related.

Mine is the latter.
Family nickname + collecting from my "pockets" as a kid + age at the time I joined the internet.

Kind of a long screen name, which is why I shorten it to PP55 sometimes but I had one person ask me if it was short for Pepe (Le Pew). (But the abbreviation definitely isn't a holdover from kindergarten! )
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is pretty simple. A combination of Alan Moore's Watchmen comic plus one of my initials.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3478 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great topic! Mine is an homage to my dog, who passed away several years ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1004 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is also an homage to my late dog, a llewellin setter
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bozo36 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My username comes from my childhood love of Bozo The Clown on TV( go figure). The 36 is an old clock number from a long ago job.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3305 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great responses so far . I've wondered about a handful of you all's for awhile.

I'm sure a handful of us feel the same in regards to our own "boring" usernames. To be honest, didn't think I'd be sticking around the forum as long as I have, so I came up with the quickest name I could. Hindsight, I'd pick something different!

Keep em coming!
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha this is great. Mine is a tribute to my dad. He was a fighter pilot in Korea and nam also in ww2. His favorite fighter was the f86 Sabre. So it was the bestjet he ever flew (and he flew quite a few) and loved it most of all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1975 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've played saxophone most of my life. One of my favorite sax players was Cornelius Bumpus. RIP Bump!!!
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine's a play on one of my favorite U.S. denominations (half dollar) and a phrase we used to hear from our elders ("I have half a mind to call the police on those kids.") when we, or someone else, was misbehaving. I can assure you I still have all my faculties, at least the last time I checked.
Edited by halfamind
09/04/2021 8:34 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 1,933Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: