Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some New Finds From This Week 9/4 - 9/10

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 245Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  01:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First here is a 2021 P Tuskegee with what looks like a die clash over the left side of the goggles. I found this same exact error on 7 in a full roll of Tuskegee quarters.

Another one I found was on a 2015 P Kisatchie on the claw of bird.

2007 P Wyoming quarter hat has an error I found going through a roll of them.

This is on a 1999 P Delaware IN "OD" WE TRUST

And lastly a 1996 No mint mark Lincoln Cent with a Clash through the M in America.

Any input on these is always welcome and appreciated.
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  03:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First few pics look like nothing more than a die crack... after that I am lost due to the amount of pictures. Sorry......
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, it is difficult to give an accurate opinion on a busy topic. Next time make three separate topics for each coin. Also, some of the pictures are extremely zoomed and not upright. It is easiest to have a picture for both the front and back of the coin, and maybe one or two close up photos that show the spot of interest.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53449 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also other images are showing Machine Doubling. Note the areas:
1. Outsides of devices.
2. Contour is removed from that area, leaving it flat.
3. Make sure to check the listings on the sites to see if any DDO / DDR doubling happens on that area or not. If not, it is usually Machine Doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
6852 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ONE coin per thread, please! It is very difficult to reply to several coins in a single forum. Also, if you have multiple coins with the same issue, submit the best example to us. Thank you.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.error-ref.com/?s=feeder+finger

The last two pics [of AM] show a feeder finger scrape, not a clash.

I believe they tend to go NW to SE on Memorial cents and N to S on wheat cents.
Those who know what's best for us, must save us from ourselves.
Edited by CentSation
09/11/2021 10:17 pm
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with "Centsation" feeder fingers... I have some.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53449 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are die gouges. Feeder Finger Damage is located more on the central area of the die. This can be affected, after the damage wears the central area first. Die gouges are cause during die handling or polishing. Contact looks huge on the die in a scope, by real i.e. A very small mark. Consider the size of the affected area, that is how small it really is. Possibly not see with the naked eye.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"Those are die gouges. Feeder Finger Damage is located more on the central area of the die."

Quote from error-ref.com

Die scrapes are a form of die damage that is caused by the feeder finger scraping across the anvil die. Die scrapes appear on a coin as closely-spaced, parallel ridges. It is a form of die damage that's usually caused by the feeder finger scraping across the anvil die face. Die scrapes also sometimes appear on the hammer die. There are probably other causes of die scrapes, but in most cases they're difficult to distinguish from Feeder Finger Damage.

...with this pic:

Those who know what's best for us, must save us from ourselves.
Edited by CentSation
09/12/2021 10:41 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 245Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05