Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nothing Special, But The Shiniest Lincoln Cent I Have Come Across.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 295Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  08:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in my rolls from yesterday, unfortunately the rim is damaged on the one side, I wish I could get more uncirculated Lincoln cents like this, but as a Canadian it's hard to come by pennies let alone American pennies since we don't use them over here any more, mayb one day I'll come down to the states and just grab a bunch of rolls from a bank to bring back home. It's hard to capture "shiny" lol and I'm sure to the American members it's just a "normal penny" but it's nice to get one where I can see all the design so nicely, helps me compare the more circulated coins I get. It's hard to study design when you don't know what a coin looks like in a nice mint state.

Pillar of the Community
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a shame that it is damaged at 9:00.
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, beautiful example otherwise.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll keep it as a reference coin to compare with the same year, I love how much detail there is if not for the damage on the edge I would definitely keep it as a little gem
Pillar of the Community
United States
7436 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to be the other side of the coin here. I grew up close to the border. It was common to have Canadian change in our pockets mixed with US change. We thought nothing of it.

However, we never could get a penny with luster on it. Even the ones form the latest year never had luster. We would visit Canadian banks for rolls, like you said, and get lustrous examples of the new issues that way.

I do not know for sure, but my experience always made me think Canadian cents tarnished much more quickly?
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have many older Canadian coins I pulled from the rolls iv picked up 1970s to date that all have there complete luster. It's much harder to come by American cents since you cannot get pennies in Canada anywhere for the most part unless you have some connections.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll keep it as a reference coin to compare with the same year, I love how much detail there is if not for the damage on the edge I would definitely keep it as a little gem
Good idea!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05