Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 LSC - Just A Little Cud- Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 610Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  6:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All. It is crazy but I get excited when I open a roll of new pennies and see a bunch of grease spots.

And so it went when I opened a roll recently and found this little cud on the reverse by the T!

Trying to get it together with the photos and light but still lacking good equipment. Hope I am improving.

Learn More...
United States
23315 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eyes to see that one @cons!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Spence :) Happy when I see something I can definitely identify!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57522 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die chips and cracks. Not a cud.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Get some good closeups to go with your full coin shots and send to JC. Looking at some of the other shield listings, he may list this one, the worst he can do is say no.

LINK http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...s-2000-2008/
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
10/05/2021 07:58 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coop. Thanks for the response. I was sure since it made to the rim it was a cud! Makecents appreciate the suggestion!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57522 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A chip will not be taller than the rim. A cud is a portion that breaks off the die, making the height as much as left over metal will fill.

Even the gutter on the die can be missing:

A die chip is just a die surface void.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I found several listings on Cuds-on-Coins that looked similar but apparently I was wrong, there must be more going on than I was able to discern! - just when I think I know....I don't really know.

CU-1c-2016-01
CU-1c-2010-02
CU-1c-2010-01 Stage "A"
Learn More...
United States
112450 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you jbuck, still not sure if it is really...
Learn More...
United States
112450 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that jbuck is saying something true and good :) Smiling...
Learn More...
United States
112450 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 610Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: