Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bugsy Or Toothless 1963 Franky? Half Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 233Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3100 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  01:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I 1st heard of this variety's name, I envisioned significant fangs just like the cartoon character.

But after looking at CACs with this variety on HA they definitely are not that big at all.

I'd like to know if I've had some luck to run into one here on this 1963 50C.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7544 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are different amount of "teeth" showing depending on the date:

Here you go...all you ever wanted to know about them
http://www.franklinlover.yolasite.c...gs-bunny.php
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3100 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://coins.ha.com/itm/franklin-h...nail-071515#

I do not see any of the die markers on my coin for a '63 Bugs shown on Franklinlover.com but the minimal amount of Bugs teeth seems to be somewhat similar to the close-up shot on HA.com. These teeth also look like baby teeth just starting to pop out.

Could it still be a possible new variety even w/o the die markers?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54589 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There won't be listings for clashes and thus no die markers. They are the result of a clash die. Just a die event. Not a die variety. The difference? On a variety the variety is seen on the first strike to end. On a die event, the die is normal/or a variety and an event altered the coin during it life. So die events happen During the dies life, but a die variety is on the die at the time of the first strike. Once is common, one is a premium.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 233Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: