Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1950-D/S Washington Quarter- Overmintmark OMM-001 FS-601

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 257Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5290 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  8:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I cherry-picked this for $20 last week. It came in looking a good AU with no cleaning or whizzing which is nice, but what wasn't apparent in the images was the hit across the eagle that likely occurred from being tumbled around a bit in a junk bin or something. A bummer that the hit is there otherwise it would have been a really nice straight AU coin. Despite that hit, it's a nice coin overall and a tough variety in grades above VF. Thanks for taking a look!

-CH27

http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20...0DOMM001.htm

Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Learn More...
United States
21428 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a shame about the smearing of metal on the eagle's leg, but I still like this one. Very nice addition to your collection!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
5290 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Spence!

-CH27
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent pick-up! Even though the scratch is there on the Eagle's leg (which I don't think would even grade details, but then again I am not a grader) you have one awesome major variety OMM! Definitely AU but I believe still well over a $200+ coin for $20 bucks! NICE, NICE, NICE! (I love OMM.....)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5290 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bumpkin! Much appreciated! I thought it might be worth around $150 or so so thats not bad at all for a $20 purchase. Even if it does detail then it should still be worth a good profit.

-CH27
Pillar of the Community
United States
877 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats cool , I have been looking for one of these myself or the S/D variety.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1805 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pick! I've got a couple of potential top pop Washington's on the way atm! Probably post them sometime next week.
Pillar of the Community
United States
855 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set:
http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
5290 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! mrwhatisit I've also been after that S/D too. Suprisingly this variety seems to be the rarer of the two but the S/D is probably easier to see and therefore gets higher recognition.

Will, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have coming in! Your posts are always great.

-CH27
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54647 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super example, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5290 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coop, Coinfrog!

-CH27
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: