Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 P Nickel Full Steps With Reverse Of 1940

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 496Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
55 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  10:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this beauty between drawers in a desk my mom bought in 1951 that she gave me a couple of months ago

Edited by Luvdattcoin
11/20/2021 4:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which photo depicts the color best? MS-66, 5FS
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42784 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin,but way too many photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10247 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice and easily MS66+ but purist would say not FS

Grading companies have been more forgiving over the years and might give this FS. Any scratches seen are mostly all in the die. (like under the word MONTICELLO and over building) and shouldn't detract from grade.
Beauty!

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64326 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-66. Agree, major pic overload.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to go outside in the natural light and take pic.
Would that be the best avenue? 20211120-8th pic from top.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8606 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm impressed this was laying around for so long unprotected and yet survived time remaining so nice - MS66+ FS for me. FS or not is right on the edge per the TPG, I think most TPGs would say yes.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, C4, & NBS Member, 2˘ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
11/20/2021 11:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I'm not a pro...
But I imagine when PCGS is grading a coin they probably can't tell just from looking at one side full on flipping it over and looking at full side and done. I was trying to capture the color too. Its got that bright gleam but when you rock it back and forth it shines black shadowy . And under lamp it has a very light rainbow tint. I got some pics with it in the middle of 2 other nickels outside for comparison.
Valued Member
United States
442 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a super find. The condition and near full steps alone would be a great discovery but to have the DDR as well, WOW!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7655 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice nickel!

If you plan on getting it slabbed, make sure you look into all the costs vs. the market value.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Y'all Much...
It is a purdeee one for sure. And it's like a chameleon lol
I swear out of all the pictures I took of it with scope along w/ adjusting brightness/contrast, under different lamps in my house, ouside in the sun, outside in the shade; I could not get what color it was exactly and it changed so dramatically from rocking it in my hand along with any changes in lighting. I've never had a coin behave this extreme with its reflection. I put extra pics up a little bit ago and had to use a bit of camera setting to get that detailed light bronze picture to finally get a decent shot of the steps. It's definitely photo genic too though because I like to get realistic raw pics of coins in HD. 80% of all the photos I got of obverse ,look cartoonish and not real or the shine blinding picture. Then couldn't get enough light for the glossy shadow of it. I'm just using stock camera on a Motorola Android 9. No exxageration it was trip. And for the record... It was not left in the open air between the drawers. Lol plus the desk had always been in spare bedroom of my now 83 year old mom's house. Hardly ever opened or touched air conditioned with being dry as a bone with no dust inside and no cleaning products sprayed on it or pledge. The drawers just had old Cotton clothing; sweaters and such in them with some old documents. And have no clue what year the coin could have been there or if it was only touched once or twice by anyone's hands. But I'm slabbing it no matter what value just to make sure it stays like it is for the purity of the sport. Amen. Lol And I'll donate again to the plate of the CCF for the time and comments as usual. But I actually knew what I had this time before posting and Finally got something worth posting. FINALLY #129304;
Pillar of the Community
United States
8606 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spendy coin in that condition and DDO.

I'm not sure it's the DDO though and not too spendy for a MS66 FS PCGS, here is one for $80.00 NOT the DDO

https://www.collectorscorner.com/Pr...?id=54570899

Keep that in mind when/if submitting it to a TPG, it needs to come back 66 or better with F/S designation to make it worthy of submission fees I'd think.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, C4, & NBS Member, 2˘ variety collector.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8606 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  01:02 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the DDR the DDO has doubling in the G of God on the Obverse hence the DDO.

Valued Member
United States
442 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LUV, you must have been overjoyed finding this. Reminds me of a 1917 AU SLQ I found under the keys of a 1912 player piano. CONGRATS!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7450 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin. Amazing it survived this week.

Next time, just full photos of the obverse and reverse plus a detail photo of the steps. Way too many photos here causes me to not want to read further.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11209 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dont mind all the photos especially when you are debating the steps. imo it just short due to impingement but thats me. I want to see nothing interfering with them. MS66
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 496Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: