Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 Hawaii Volcanoes Quarter Printed Crooked

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 207Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  06:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Smileyface1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is it just me or is this coin printed crooked? I don't know much about coins but this one caught my eye immediately. I have searched everywhere and find nothing about anyone else seeing this. Anyone have any input?
Thanks so much
Pillar of the Community
United States
5925 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the one photo posted, it appears to be a normal quarter, aside from what may be a slightly misaligned reverse die (can't quite tell for sure). Posting two or three more photos--this time large and sharp--might help better determine what may be going on. A photo of the obverse would be welcome too. Thanks.
Edited by ijn1944
11/24/2021 07:20 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12574 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF
Not quite sure about what you mean about being struck ( coins are not printed, currency is printed) crooked.
Will need a larger clear photo of both sides to say anything for sure. It is slightly misaligned if that is what you
are referring to but that is not uncommon.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41950 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Please post one full coin photo of the obverse and one of the reverse,in focus please. Also please tell us what you are seeing in detail.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4218 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks normal to me. Need better pictures to see what you are seeing.
Also, Coins are not 'printed' they are struck in a coin press. Paper money is printed..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54638 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The image is not horizonal:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5762 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to Community.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62899 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Larger pics of both sides would help.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5193 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smileyface1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome. I will take better pictures and post them. Also please excuse the wording as I stated I am new to the Coin World this just caught my attention and may very well be nothing. Thanks everyone for your help.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 207Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: