Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1900 S Morgan You Versus PCGS

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 341Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1017 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  12:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just figured I would post a Morgan for fun.

Pillar of the Community
United States
618 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  02:35 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64. The chatter and toned spots could downgrade it to a 63.
Valued Member
Australia
399 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A man who tells lies merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3447 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm leaning towards AU-58.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10845 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
average strike for this year. luster is broken across fields and devices. carbon spots are a little distracting. AU58
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au58
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62680 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-58 as well.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10035 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking AU58 as well.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1900-S is a pesky date to find in an eye pleasing coin. The fields on your coin are pretty clean. The contacts are on the central devices, mainly on Liberty's face above the eye, cheek, and neck, and on the eagle's breast. These all appear to be bag contact marks. I also see the very light surface marks, and they are consistent with light circulation.

Add me to the AU-58 parade here. I think your coin has nice luster and eye appeal for the grade. Nice coin.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no expert obviously, but I don't really see any wear -- just some vague features from a a soft strike or a worn out die. I'm gonna say MS62.
Valued Member
United States
447 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll also go 58
Pillar of the Community
United States
1017 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is the reveal

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, MS-61 is a puzzle. They had to do a net down on it to get there, because the bag marks alone aren't particularly distracting, and probably would be in the 63 range. I wonder if it was the surface chatter, and they compromised in-house between 58 and 63?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1017 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont know. It does not have any wear at all though and has full luster . Maybe the two spots kept it lower?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62680 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems fair, can't argue.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: