Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 LWC DDR. This Guy Is Well Worn, Yet Still Have Suspicions.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 292Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
252 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  5:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Even though well worn, it looks to me as a DDR. Especially the dots in motto and the U's. Spread towards the center. Wheat stems are to worn to determine. Tips look possible.
I am leaning toward VV 002.
Circulation flattening seems to be consistent and not entirely the culprit.
What say you?

Hopefully, I am am not accused of image overload. I am offering enough to gain a perspective IMO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2732 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first impression after looking at your full reverse image was just circulation flattening.
But looking at the dots, they do look oval or egg shape so it seems to be a DDR you have there.

Didn't have time to help confirm your assessment but will say congrats.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5453 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a DDR to me. The bottom of the "U"'s show it pretty well along with the dots.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8240 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do the markers say?
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
7683 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree with Pete on this one.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What do the markers say?

Unfortunately, heavy circulation wear and damage makes it quite difficult to discern any significant markers on this one. Hard as I have tried, I have had no positive results so far. Which unfortunately reduces or negates any added value this example might have had. At least it remained intact enough to recognize it for what it is.
I'll hang on to it anyway and hope a better example comes my way down the road.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: