Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Mint Gimmicks For Commemorative Dollars

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,472Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2230 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am in a good place after looking at the 2022 Mint offerings. Nothing on my buy list until Fall...
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChicagoCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm planning to buy the coin & medal set tomorrow.

Undecided on the one with the privy mark.
Edited by ChicagoCoinGuy
01/05/2022 1:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lunch Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Against popular opinion, apparently, I am a fan of these and plan to buy. But I haven't yet decided which one - proof, proof with medal, or proof with privy. The limited mintage is attractive, and the medal looks pretty sharp, but the price is not great.
Valued Member
United States
444 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me the denomination value is more than "symbolic." Neither would I call legal tender a "toothless argument." Any court would rule them legal tender, by law. Maybe a baby teeth argument though. If they weren't legal tender they would just be generic bullion, the legal tender part adds collector value IMO. But I'm more a silver/gold stacker than coin collector anyway, to each their own.
Edited by livingwater
01/05/2022 4:37 pm
Learn More...
United States
112159 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Undecided on the one with the privy mark.
I have no real interest in them. I think the ASE in 2020 and the Morgan dollars last years were enough for me.
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lunch Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the limited mintage on the medal set and the privy proof (15,000 and 20,000, I think), does anyone think these will be difficult to get tomorrow?
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3900 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2022  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What on earth is a "privy" mark doing on this commemorative and what does it stand for?
If that helps any, think of it as the modern equivalent of the Missouri 2*4 and Alabama 2x2 halves.
Learn More...
United States
112159 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2022  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With the limited mintage on the medal set and the privy proof (15,000 and 20,000, I think), does anyone think these will be difficult to get tomorrow?
I hope not. Getting in attack mode now. Less that two hours to go.

Just so we do not have this thread getting too far off topic, please comment on today's release in this topic...

http://goccf.com/t/402976
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: